Top ten hot spot destinations for students on break
The following are a list of hot spots for spring break goers, perfect for college students.
1. Miami Beach, Florida: The most likely choice for a spring break destination is Miami Beach. Along with activities the ocean provides for Miami is famous for the club scenes.
2. Key West, Florida: As the United States‘ own Caribbean Island, Key West is surrounded by the waters from the Gulf of Mexico where temperatures won‘t drop below 60 degrees.
3. South Padre Island, Texas: South Padre Island allows visitors to experience two countries, the U.S. and Mexico. Just as many other beaches, South Padre Island is great for tanning and surfing. Its water habitat contains beautiful reefs ideal for scuba diving and snorkeling.
4. Lake Havasu, Arizona: Lake Havasu provides one of the hottest vacation spots. With over 400 miles of coastline, the lake suggests many water sports activities. Also, Lake Havasu holds the great “London Bridge.” Outside the water visitors can go horseback riding, off-roading on desert treks and rock climbing.
5. Las Vegas, Nevada: Usually a place for the 21 and over crowd, Las Vegas is famous for its casinos. Under 21? Hotels provide many other fun activities for that group such as concerts, magic shows and other forms of entertainment. Plus, the scorching weather is perfect for relaxing by the hotel pool.
6. San Diego, California: The 8th largest city in the United States is filled with everything students need for spring break with warm weather, good surf, large club scene and shops. Enjoy Mission Beach, the most popular beach in the city.
7. Winter Park, Colorado: Only one and a half hours from Denver, a ski resort is an unlikely candidate for spring break but one can enjoy the slopes as well as the many spas the resort has to offer.
8. Jackson Hole, Wyoming: One of the best ski towns around. Just like Winter Park, visitors may enjoy the slopes or hit up other attractions such as the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar or Mangy Moose Restaurant and Saloon. Also, one can enjoy skiing and snowboarding events with live music and arts.
9. Steamboat Springs, Colorado: Steamboat Springs is the second largest ski resort and caters to college students. The town‘s bars offer live music.
10. Montreal, Canada: Apart from beach cities, Montreal also has a happening night scene with nightclubs. One of the major attractions is their casinos, which are open to those 18 years and older. For the more sophisticated vacationer, check out the historic Vieux-Montreal.